Enrolled Nurse: Medical Ward
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Enrolled Nurse, to take responsibility for both direct and indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients, and to function under the direct and/ or indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse, according to the scope of practise of an Enrolled Nurse. • Perform all duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
• Adhere to the principles and standards of patient advocacy according to the SANC acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, patient rights and Responsibility charter, National Millennium Development goals and the responsibility of continuous professional development (CPD). Plan, organize, assess and prioritize work for self to ensure efficient completion of tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Drive quality of care adhering to work standards and establishing a safe, therapeutic, and clean environment for all stakeholders (patient, family, doctors, and staff) that is free from medico-legal hazards.
• Document patient care services by accurately charting in patient and department records including progress on patients’ condition.
• Drive a positive patient (customer) experience by putting patients first and deliver holistic customer-oriented service.
• Inform and educate patients about the Groups complaints procedure and “My voice” platform.
• Adhere to the principles of Lean management (i.e. reducing wastage and unnecessary expenditure) without compromising patient care whilst ensuring minimal wastage.
• Participate as a team member and contribute effectively towards achievement of unit goals.
Your application has been successfully submitted.