Helpdesk - Tier 1
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position to be based in Stellenbosch.
This person will report to the Helpdesk Team Leader.
The Helpdesk Agent assists clients via telephone and email, with internet service issues and provide support for network related queries on Mikrotik and Qbiquiti equipment setups.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• Offer first line support to customers
• Takes the initial call from users
• Log tickets for all client queries and escalate as necessary (close tickets if resolved)
• Addresses basic customer queries (general queries, non-technical questions, password recovery, website navigation assistance, basic troubleshooting, basic procedural ‘how to’ questions)
• Supplying clients with general information regarding their Wireless service & responding on email
• Accurately screen incoming calls, redirecting calls and taking messages
• Document basic processes as well as required external escalation steps and contact info when assisting with escalations
• Escalate technical queries to Tier 2 Engineers
- No Internet:
- Check Power LED on PoE
- LAN Cable to RB
- Powercycled PoE
- Check-in CCR neighbour for possible antenna IP
- If all above give no improvement escalate to Tier 2
- Check the packet loss to VoIP provider
- Check the ping results
- Check the condition of the link to the high site
- Check ping result from antenna to the high site
- Torch the line for possible heavy traffic
- Check the WiFi frequency
- Check for overheating (CPU)
- Check cables are securely connected
- Change wireless channel
- Update router/antenna firmware
4. Slow internet:
- Latency check to google (Ping)
- Traceroute from client to DC
- Check CPU
- Check firmware
- Check queue from NAS if the client is maxing out his line speed
- Check latency to the sector and in the sector
Your application has been successfully submitted.