General Manager- Botswana Region
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO CONSERVATION AND COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
THROUGH HIGH-END ECOTOURISM
-- JOIN WILDERNESS SAFARIS NOW --
Proudly born and bred in Botswana over 35 years ago, Wilderness Safaris remains dedicated to pioneering authentic and sustainable ecotourism in Africa, whilst making a positive impact on conservation, and driving community empowerment. By doing this, the company helps to protect more than 2.5 million hectares of pristine wilderness areas.
Wilderness Safaris Botswana is inviting like-minded people who suit the below criteria to apply for the exciting career opportunity: General Manager-Botswana Region and to join this remarkable company to help drive positive change in Africa through high-end ecotourism.
Operational support and advice/ input to the Managing Director of the Botswana region, oversight of the entire operations (as agreed with the Managing Director) of the business ensuring, quality and efficiency of all hospitality services in line with the strategic goals of the business.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Solid experience in the high-end, luxury safari hospitality market. Minimum of ten (10) years in the eco-tourism industry, of which at least five (5) is at a senior management level. Experience and in-depth knowledge of dealing with travel trade partners, as well as comfort with interacting with guests from around the world.
• Sound business and financial acumen – clear understanding of accounting required.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity, quality and a history of excellent customer service and uncompromising ethical standards
• Excellent listening and rapport-building skills.
• Developed strategic thinking ability and an ability to work to a budget.
• Full computer literacy and proficiency in all Microsoft programs and experience with hospitality information systems and reporting.
• Tertiary education (minimum 3 year business or tourism degree)
Your application has been successfully submitted.