Solutions & Software developer: Risk JG13
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SBV seeks a Solutions &Software Developer who will be responsible for the design, development and installation of software solutions within the Risk environment as per business requirements as well as identifying and mitigating emerging risks. Design solution functionality for the Risk environment
• Compile functional and technical specifications
• Design and code complex Object-Oriented Constructs using the relevant coding language
• Design complex data modelling structures using applicable server tools.
• Examine the business requirements from a risk perspective and then define a solution
• Understanding the business requirements, investigate potential risks and create technical solutions to mitigate
• Create a Development and Solutions design model unique to the R&D team working closely with internal stakeholders:
o Solutions Architecture to understand, define and apply enterprise level standards and influences business strategy
o Application Engineering Leads, Technical Leads and staff to drive strategic goals/objectives.
o Quality Assurance to effectively support proper testing.
o o Information Security to ensure compliance with secure development standards and negotiate security trade-offs.
o o Operations to consider operational (non-functional) requirements.
• Create and maintain a robust project focused design documentation customised to the R&D Risk environment that:
• Encapsulates the technical definition of the solution in a manner that can be used to drive coherent action across design teams;
• Clearly defines the technical interfaces/protocols to be exposed between solutions being developed by each engaged design community.
• Identifies dependencies with other programmes of work that will impact delivery of an individual project;
• Proactively drive innovation within the Risk environment through the generation of new ideas and options made available by new technologies
• Responsible for the presentation of designs working prototypes for ITC / business approval and implementation
System Analysis and solution design
• Review and update current system structures using applicable server tools
• Review and update current systems in accordance with SDLC and corporate governance
• Develop and implement working programs and run program debugging and system testing
• Collect customer feedback relating to program and run program debugging and system testing.
• Review and apply security principles to all design and development work performed as and when required.
• Identify and resolve system problems and create a troubleshooting guide for future references
• Create solutions based on the inherent need identified by Risk and create a workable solution
• Demonstrate functionality of the solution, documenting the relevant code and data
• Conduct system and impact analysis of new development changes and remedy prior to development
Define implementation criteria
• Define implementation/cut over approach requirements and steps to be followed and compile the code and check it into its repository.
• Consult with the business on business criteria.
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting and apply version control to all development and associated documentation.
Responsible for designing prototypes, as well as developing and enforcing coding standards
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements and propose solutions
• Develop software solutions for the Risk BU by reviewing information needs, conferring with users, evaluating systems flow, data usage and work processes
• Investigate problem areas
• Adhere to the software development lifecycle when designing and presenting prototype for peer review and validation by solution designers
• Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing solutions
• Schedule conduct and report on code reviews including corrective action identified to meet minimum standards
• Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes through defect tracking in testing, and evaluation on error logs.
• Create a shared understanding and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code facilitating inter team discussions
Provide consultancy service to user/customer and testers
• Provide SME guidance and provide recommendations on any software solutions that the risk department considers including to the environment 3
• Provide testers with background and insight relating to processes and functionality provided.
• Give technical input and advice on new development.
• Facilitate joint design sessions with Testing and Business Analysis staff.
• Provide support and resolve issues around application
• Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with development and operations platform, meeting all customer service standards and reductions errors.
Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation through UAT
• Manage source control including Azure DevOps.
• Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, identifying and resolving issues before launch.
• Design product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
• Demonstrate new solutions and submit the prototype to IT and business for review and approval, providing support on implementation as required
• Review exiting plans and relevant documentation related to the R&D functionality and provide recommendations regarding any changes to those plans.
• Review, identify and mitigate risks pertaining to the data and information within the realm of R&D Risk
• Provide input from a risk mitigation perspective to prevent further occurrences of the same/similar occurrences
Provide leadership to employees within the organisation, creating a winning culture and high morale
Lead as an Ambassador and executor of Change
• Act as a change management architect in periods of change to ensure continuity to operations
• Effectively communicate and embed new processes and procedures relevant to the Employee Relations Department as they occur addressing or escalating matters / concerns Facilitate the necessary presentations, workshops or forums in order to ensure consistent and accurate communication is given across one’s centre/s
Drive the organisation culture
• Drive the department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
• Drive Transformation and BBB-EE initiatives to ensure sustainable alignment to the company scorecard
• Provide leadership to employees within the organisation, creating a winning culture and high morale
• Initiate and lead a culture of performance driven output through shared purpose vision and values
Your application has been successfully submitted.