This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position. The position will be based in Western Cape, Stellenbosch. The individual will report to the IP Core Engineers.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer maintains the network and responds as necessary to incidents across the National Network. You will analyse problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system and track problems through to resolution.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Managing, maintaining, and ensuring the accuracy of the Herotel Monitoring Systems (These report on the status and performance of the Herotel IP Core and, ISP Services).
• Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on the Herotel IP Core and Transmission network, liaising with NOC engineers when necessary, and handling escalation through to resolution).
• Provisioning (IP assignment, Core and Transmission Network configuration).
• Implementing and reporting of Scheduled and approved changes, where necessary escalate failed changes to IP Core engineers.
• Maintaining WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
• Development of knowledge and skills in networking and the relevant systems particularly those specific to the monitoring management and provisioning of the Herotel IP Core and Transmission network.
• Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
• Commissioning of Transmission nodes and fiber transmission links to the approved Herotel standard as the network expands.
• Responsible for the Monitoring and First Level support of the IP Core:
o Supporting and managing the Core IP equipment.
o Capacity and Route optimization management and reporting. o Assisting with WISP integration onto the centralized IP Core.
• Transmission network of HeroTel:
o Building, managing, and operating a national transmission network based on SR-MPLS. o Optimizing and manage route and traffic flows.
o Managing and leading WISP integration onto the National Transmission network.
• Assisting, testing, and implementing in conjunction with our WISP best practices for HeroTel’s RFC Process.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of RFCs by our WISP’s.
• Supporting our WISP with their internal MPLS deployments.
KPI (Key Performance Indicators) of NOC Engineers
• To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of all managed and monitored systems and services.
• To provide transmission and IPT services on transmission and IP Core Network.
• To provide support to assistance and support services for the IP Core Engineers
• To develop a good all-around understanding of systems and networks.
• Ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately
• To ensure that any service-affecting outages are logged and where required escalated to the NOC engineers.
• To ensure that all service outages or interruptions are logged
• To continually follow up on the status of any logged and escalated outages and where require escalated to Service provider NOCs should the outage not be resolved within the allotted internal metrics escalate to IP Core Engineers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Looking to the future, we see a world where everyone is connected.