Registered Nurse: Theatre Ward
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Registered Nurse will promote and deliver quality patient care and wellness in accordance with industry standards and to execute Nursing duties within the standards, procedures and protocols set down by the South African Nursing Council and Scope of Practice. • Perform nursing duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
• Adhere to the principles and standards of patient advocacy according to the SANC acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, patient rights and Responsibility charter, National Millennium Development goals and the responsibility of continuous professional development (CPD). Supervise, organize, lead and control work for self and team to ensure efficient completion of tasks.
• Actively participate in internal and external auditing processes, for example DOH, National core standards, SHERQ, SANC and Risk Audit.
• Document patient care services by accurately charting inpatient and department records including updating care plans as patient needs changes.
• Monitor activities of nurses to ensure compliance with protocols, security and safety of patient environment, Group Nursing policies and procedures, SANC requirements on findings through regular unit rounds.
• Management of stock and equipment utilized in theatre.
• Preparing for theatre cases according to the doctor’s preference.
• Carry out basic assessment of patient vital signs, intake and output and accurately monitor and record data relating to patient condition. Escalate any issues to Unit Manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.