This job is no longer accepting applications.
To lead a team of professionals in the Department in the fulfilment of their duties relating to the licensing of financial institutions and dealing with various concurrence matters. The person appointed to this position will report to the Head of Department.
Key Performance Areas:
• Oversee the processing of new licence applications involving Financial Services Providers, Collective Investment Schemes, Retirement Funds Benefit Administrators, Over-the-counter Derivative Providers, Insurers, Commercial Banks, Mutual Banks, Co-operative Banks and Co-operative Financial Institutions;
• Ensure close co-operation and collaboration with other regulators throughout the assessment of new licence applications as well as in respect of the revocation, suspension and variation of existing licences;
• Managing staff performance and operational activities of the department;
• Provide coaching and support towards the growth and development of staff;
• Make appropriate input into the development, review, amendment and implementation of policy as well as an effective and appropriate regulatory framework;
• Participate in committees, conferences, meetings and other engagements that fall within the scope of the department;
• Perform such other tasks necessary or desirable to enhance the performance of the department;
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders concerning various regulatory matters;
• Conduct pre-licensing on-site inspections (where applicable); and
• Assist with licensing queries and enquiries.
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes: Advanced leadership and management; a high level of judgement; a confident and decisive approach; ability to analyse problems and research; good communication, report writing, project management, and ability to elicit high performance from multi-disciplinary environment.
The FSCA is committed towards increasing the representation of marginalised groups in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and that the FSCA reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.