National Head: People and Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BDO’s global organisation extends across 167 countries and territories, with 88,120 people working out of 1,617 offices – and we’re all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service. Our firms across the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards.
At BDO, we believe in investing in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. The foundation of our business is strong relationship, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and we work hard every day to make this a reality. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
An opportunity exists in the firm for a dynamic individual to lead the P&C team Nationally. The P&C National Head will be accountable for the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance. She/he will also be responsible for the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Management of the People and Culture Function
• Leads the development and execution of the P&C strategic plan and initiatives to support the firm and business unit strategies.
• Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes P&C services, employee recognition, and benefits administration.
• Oversees and manages the work of reporting P&C staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the P&C staff.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate P&C policies, processes and systems for measuring necessary aspects of P&C throughout the firm.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
• Works with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications (between and among management and employees).
• Provides HR advice and counsel to Partners and Directors on HR issues and Implementation Strategies.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic
reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Oversees the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Interviews management and executive position candidates
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a
high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducts periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
Compensation and Benefits
• Establishes the firm salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the firm including bonuses and raises.
• Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
• Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
• Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year. Monitors best practices in compensation and benefits through research and up-to-
date information on available products.
• Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning,
superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
• Manages a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the
company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
• Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee
• Keeps the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being
addressed adequately at the line management level.
Training and Development
• Leads the implementation of the performance management process that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee
• Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the firm-wide training budget. Maintains employee training records.
• Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Clear Vision You Can Trust.