This job is no longer accepting applications.
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees to join our dynamic team who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, and the delivery of future-ready projects to our clients and the communities we serve.
WSP South Africa is looking for an experienced and passionate Civil Engineer / Technologist with a specialisation in Water and Wastewater Infrastructure.
WSP operates in a discipline-based model where project teams are located in dispersed locations and collaborate in person and virtually to deliver project designs. The Designer performs a variety of design activities including preparing drawings for projects, establishing guidelines and procedures and managing workload distribution within the Design team. The incumbent must be familiar with the collaborative Autodesk Suite or Bentley Suite of design software tools. Proven competence in modelling Civil Engineering Designs of water and wastewater infrastructure like pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs, water treatment works and wastewater treatment works etc under the guidance of the professional engineer or professional technologist.
• Design and engineering analysis of water and wastewater projects like pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs, water treatment works and wastewater treatment works etc. using either of the following collaborative software tools;
— Bentley Suite - Microstation, OpenRoads, Open Flows, ProjectWise or
— AutoCad Suite - Civil 3D, AutoCAD, iDAS, InfraWorks, Navisworks, BIM 360;
• Preparation of technical specifications, bills of materials and related tender documentation;
• Monitoring project construction and acceptance including site visits and commissioning supervision;
• Engineering report writing:
— Design reports
— Services Reports (sewer & water, stormwater & roads)
— Storm water Management Plans
— Obtain authority approvals for design proposals
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
• Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you
• Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm
• Embracing, displaying and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Adhere to the highest standards of ethical behaviour aligned with the company policies
Your application has been successfully submitted.