Senior Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
WSP South Africa is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer who will function as a senior technical consultant for multidisciplinary civil infrastructure projects in Africa and also able to support the international business as required.
The role will require foreign travel, specifically travel within Africa.
Technical (Approximately 70%):
• Managing and performing high quality technical advisory works;
• Project management and interfacing with other engineering disciplines on multi-disciplinary projects
• Provide technical input from initial assessment through technical and economic feasibility to design development and construction implementation to project close out
• Carry out investigations, surveys, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings and estimates for highways projects.
• Review overall project design and suggest technical and design improvements
• Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for working hours on project design
• Keep up to date with industry advances, and be aware of policy and technical developments in this discipline
• Review technical submissions, assessing technical risks and proposing mitigation strategies to reduce risk exposure in project
• Assist with and/or conduct any other necessary aspects of a project that fall within the discipline of the role.
• Monitoring project construction and acceptance including site visits and commissioning supervision; and
• Detail oriented with strong skills in Infrastructure analysis
• Ability to work in a team environment and must have excellent verbal and written skills
• Undertake and lead team to execute civil engineering design tasks as part of project development
• Mentor and supervise junior engineers including reviewing, checking and approving work output of junior engineers
• Grow and develop Digital Engineering including AutoDesk and BENTLEY capabilities within the civil infrastructure engineering team.
Work-winning (Approximately 30%):
• Client liaison and project management
• Drive and participate in work-winning in defining and deploying the engagement strategy, selecting target markets and clients, and in scoping and pricing of services, with particular focus on the South African and regional markets in Africa
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
• Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you
• Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm
• Embracing, displaying and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
Adhere to the highest standards of ethical behaviour aligned with the WSP company policies
Your application has been successfully submitted.