Operations Manager - Manline Energy Greenway Germiston
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Core purpose of the role
The main purpose of the job is to plan, implement and maintain operational activities of applicable contract/s in accordance with company policies, goals and strategic objectives.
Key deliverables and outputs
• Monitor internal operational costs, fleet utilization, fleet downtime and resources in order to achieve budgeting results and other financial
criteria including PBIT, NWC (Net Working Capital).
• Implement and monitor all operational activities to ensure compliance with operational protocols, legal, health, safety and other regulatory
requirements which govern the business operations.
• Optimize routes and fleet utilization.
• Ensure achievement of agreed KPI’s.
• Ensure availability of fleet for preventative maintenance.
• Ensure preventative maintenance is executed to the required standard timeously.
• Maintain the company brand (vehicle aesthetics).
• Ensure optimization and alignment of all resources, systems and processes.
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and authorisation of the summary wage sheet.
• Implement the performance management process, learning and development process, succession process and recruitment process to
ensure continuous improvement in performance and relevant career progression.
• Ensure the adherence to transformation plans through active involvement and adherence to the recruitment, promotion and succession
processes and action plans.
• Prepare for disciplinary enquiries and grievances and ensure consistent application in line with company processes and procedures
through the involvement of HR.
• Create, monitor and maintain a work environment conducive to embracing diversity, open communication, fairness and consistency.
• Pro-active involvement in issues that could have an impact on employee morale, retention and performance.
• Implement the Smart Trucker employee value proposition model, ensuring effective employee engagement and communication within
• Ensure document control process and template
• Coach, mentor and counsel direct reports towards continuous performance improvement and execution of the leadership promise.
• Support, implement and coach Smartcoms as a communication tool to ensure it is operating at the desired level of efficiency continuously.
• Scoring of the element as per the Matrix Structure scoring and active involvement in drafting of an action plan to close gaps highlighted.
• Conduct monthly Health Checks and facilitate a process to ensure improvement month on month.
• Actively leading by example regarding behavioural actions and ensure that the company values are adhered to. Monitor and facilitate
correction of behaviour of subordinates.
• Instil, monitor and enforce a culture of risk awareness that will support action plan activities to ensure the elimination of risks.
• Ensure the implementation of and adherence to risk protocols.
• Facilitating continuous performance improvement against operational key performance indicators through continuous alignment of actual
performance to targets through the formal performance management process and Smartcoms.
Implementing and facilitating innovative action steps to address underperformance against KPI’s.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction through adherence to delivery plans, establishment of sound relationships with clients on operational level
and overall achievement of agreed service level.
• Support local corporate social investment projects in line with company plans and policies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.