This job is no longer accepting applications.
City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses and apartments that ensure that those who live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa’s cities have to offer.
The Risk and Compliance Department in Pretoria has a position for an Internal Auditor. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position then we would appreciate your application.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively managing all internal audit activities for the Company within good practice and standards, to ensure policy and legislative compliance, proper risk management and report on effectiveness of company operational initiatives.
The main tasks and responsibilities associated with the position are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and responsibilities and any other tasks and/or responsibilities that could be reasonably expected for the position may be required.
Internal audit plan
1. Develop, maintain and regularly review the annual risk-based audit plan to ensure that all internal audit activities are in line with IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) standards and that audits are conducted thoroughly and consistently.
Adherence to IIA
1. Annually review and update all IA (internal audit) policies and procedures in line with IIA standards, company strategy and compliance to all regulatory and legislative requirements.
2. Obtain a “generally conforms” rating when the external quality review is performed every five (5) years.
Execution of audits
1. Perform the full audit cycle including operational performance (financial and non-financial), financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
2. Identify, evaluate, monitor, and report key audit activities, findings and relevant risk factors across the organisation to ensure continual effectiveness and efficiency of management policies, processes and procedures through management's response and implementation of audit recommendations.
1. Identify, evaluate, monitor, and report key audit activities, findings and relevant risk factors across the organisation to ensure continual effectiveness and efficiency of management policies, procedures and processes.
2. Prepare and communicate monthly internal audit status reports with Executive Management.
3. Prepare and communicate status reports to Audit Committee.
4. Draft, compile and finalise the audit report as part of the Annual Integrated Report to shareholders.
Mostly Office Based. Limited Travelling will be required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.