Property Manager: Commercial
This job is no longer accepting applications.
City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses and apartments that ensure that those who live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa’s cities have to offer.
The Commercial Property Management Department in Pretoria has a position for a Commercial Property Manager. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position, then please send through your CV.
The purpose of the role is to attend to all facilities management functions within their allocated portfolio which includes managing all building staff, tenants and expenses.
The main tasks and responsibilities associated with the position are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and responsibilities and any other tasks and/or responsibilities that could be reasonably expected for the position may be required.
1. Communicate with the relevant individuals within the controlling office by assisting and providing input to the renewal process.
2. Assist the leasing process and rental growth of the portfolio by providing input on new deals.
3. Identify opportunities for new business according set targets and liaise with relevant stakeholders.
Ensure adherence to CPA quality standards.
Maintaining of Building Standards.
1. Visit all vacant units as it becomes available.
2. Complete and sign off building inspection forms bi-monthly.
3. Log jobs on repairs & maintenance system.
4. Manage and monitor the job report accurately and timeously.
5. Ensure that all inspection forms are completed and returned within 10 days of the vacate date.
6. Ensure that all vacant units are in a lettable condition.
7. Facilitate the process between the Tenant Installations and Projects (i.e. plans, designs, etc.).
8. Regularly visit the building to identify possible upgrades.
9. Assist the dealmakers with the relocation of tenants to more suitable premises if required.
Management of financial elements.
1. Provide input and manage the annual budget timeously and accurately.
2. Report monthly on variances, accurately and timeously.
3. Review of arrears reports and ensure the necessary action is taken.
4. Address utility queries.
5. Provide input and manage the monthly budget expenses in the committed time frames.
6. Interact with the Accountants in terms of the expenditure forecast for the end of the Financial Year.
Ensure that all administrative functions are done timeously and accurately.
1. Take the corrective actions stemming from discussions with the Portfolio Manager.
2. Attend and contribute at the monthly controlling office meetings.
3. Sign invoices for accuracy and reasonability.
4. Ensure that the building staff allocation is correct on MDA, relative to the payroll report
Customer service and building of relationships.
1. Maintain a polite and professional attitude towards tenants and contractors.
2. Responding to customer queries within an acceptable time frame.
3. Attend to customer care cases (CRM).
4. Facilitate regular meetings with tenants to increase the interaction and build the relationship.
5. Build and maintain working relationships with colleagues and service providers.
Office Based. Regular travelling required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.