This job is no longer accepting applications.
e.tv is South Africa’s biggest independent, free-to-air television channel.
With over 16 million viewers, e.tv appeals to all races, ages and income groups and is the most viewed English language channel in the country.
We are the destination of choice for local and international entertainment, a place where viewers can come together to set their imaginations free.
The incumbent would be required to be technologically savvy, a self-starter and who can tell the South African story in a unique and interesting way.
Position reporting to the Input Editor. Your key performance areas include:
1. Pitching Stories
• Pitching story ideas in line with the channel’s editorial vision.
• Researching ideas and conceptualizing the visual elements.
• Pre-arranging interviews with a variety of voices.
• Developing and maintaining contact base to assist in generating story ideas.
2. Script Writing
• Writing scripts in line with visuals.
• Providing a shot list with all scripts.
• Checking facts with relevant stakeholders.
• Writing content for online.
• Providing video for online.
• Ensuring stories are accurate and unbiased.
• Breaking stories.
• Shooting and producing news reports and features.
• Packaging content for on-air.
• Conducting live and on camera interviews that are hard-hitting and probing.
• Conducting live reports from the field ensuring accuracy and objectivity.
• Ensuring stories have depth and quality.
• Doing in-studio lives that are professional and informative.
• Providing the news desk with updates on stories.
• Adhering to story deadlines.
• Ensuring good communication with the news desk
4. Support and Coordination
• Maintaining all e.tv News office and field equipment in a fully functional state.
• Working with e.tvNews staff in maintaining and developing video and audio archives in a safe and accessible form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.